[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - No subprocessId in Node with subprocess

appendix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 05:43:50 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with a process definition which contains a task-node with a sub-process.
When deploying both processes into a clean database the definitions and nodes are persisted currectly, but when the node with the sub-process is instantiated during the workflow, an exception is thrown stating that a process with a NULL definition cannot be instantiated.

I had a look at the database and realized that the table jbpm_node has no entry in the column subprocessdefinition_ in the row with the sub-process task despite both processes are correctly deployed to jbpm_processdefinition.

I looked at the sources and  saw that the process definitions are persisted in org.jbpm.db.GraphSession.deployProcessDefinition(). Here both process definitions are saved to the session and the the session. When the session is closed later on, the underlying hibernate cannot refer to the sub-process-id when populating the table jbpm_node.

If I execute a manual session.flush() after the sub-process definition is saved to the session, then the table jbpm_node is populated correctly with a valid subprocessid_ after all.

I'm using jbpm-3.1.1 with a postgres 8.1.4 and wonder if this is a known issue. I had a look at the 3.1.2 sources and saw that code for process definition deployment didn't change, so I assume a version upgrade wouldn't solve my problem.

Any suggestions on using task-nodes with sub-processes? How can i make sure that all sub-processes are refered in their corresponding task nodes correctly? I don't get any warnings or errors at deployment time and the exception is thrown at runtime.
I haven't included the process definitions in this post, because I'm positive that they are valid and they would only blow up this post.

Thanks for any help in advance,

  Kurt

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987520#3987520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987520