[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: Problem regarding downloading and installing JBoss IDE 2

BogusException do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 11:03:43 EST 2006

Ashish,

Thanks for the reply. I wondered about the copy/paste!

I got the JBoss IDE 2.0.0 plugin working (just needed the right URL) with the latest Eclipse, but ran into a more serious barrier.

I have an application that I wrote in J2SE 5 that can't be done in 1.4. I now am learning to use J2EE 5 so I can migrate. Apparently, while Eclipse and the JBoss IDE work with J2EE 5, the JBoss server itself won't (yet). I started getting all kinds of errors, and after searching found that Sun (no surprise) was the only one at 100% support (with NetBeans 5.5, App Svr 9, tools bundle, etc.).

So now I think I'm forced to switch gears and not develop on JBoss (which I wanted to), and learn NetBeans and go the Sun way. I think my logic is that if I get good enough at J2EE in Sun's products, I'll be able to migrate to JBoss when it supports J2EE 5.

Does that sound right?

TIA!

BogusException

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987596#3987596