[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 18:12:48 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : My log4j.xml option in conf directory for org.jboss is on DEBUG, but i don`t get this output in server.log.

Try setting DEBUG for org.apache as well. You can also change console appender threshold to DEBUG. log4j.xml is scanned for changes every 30s by AS so you can do it after portal deployment.

in 2.4 there is no default support for LDAP so you can plug it as portal security is based on JAAS but it has some limitations. Instead of just using LdapLoginModule you should just implement your own LoginModule that authenticate against ldap and inject additional role for J2EE security constraints.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-464

LDAP support planned for 2.6 is discussed here:
http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=92487
http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=94631
http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=95134

I think that some of yours suggestions are covered in roadmap already

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987746#3987746

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987746