[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: NoClassDefFoundError with Proxy classes on AIX

zurchman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 21 19:44:06 EST 2006

It's going to be hard to blame the IBM JDK for this one.

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3691?page=all

I'm running basically the same JNDI code from within an EJB under JBoss 3.2.8.SP1 and from a JSP page.

  | 	Properties properties = new Properties();
  | 	properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
  | 		"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | 	properties.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
  | 		"org.jnp.interfaces");
  | 	properties.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
  | 			"jnp://" + host + ":1099/");
  | 	Context context = new InitialContext(properties);

The EJB context lookup croaks with the dreaded:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: $Proxy xxxxx
but the JSP lookup succeeds!

Both pieces of code use the same IBM JDK, so it's hard to fault IBM for this.

The EJB is packaged in an .ear; the JSP is packaged in a .war within the .ear.

Could this be as simple as maybe disabling the IBM JIT?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987760#3987760

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987760