[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss - migrating application

lzwierko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 02:36:28 EST 2006

Hi Weston,
thanks for answer. Actually, you have confirmed my thoughts on this. But if I still wanted to port the app, at least for sake of trying Jboss out, what techniques would you suggest? For sql db connection I could use entitiy beans with cmp right? But there are other issues like telnet/ssh connections to remote servers. Currently  I keep these connections permanent for performance sake... I've looked at JCA and it seems to be made for 'nicer' type of data exchange, more stuctures, supporting transactions etc.
But my biggest concern is if can I use AS for deploying application that run round the clock? Or do I have to implement some mechanisms of having them run on some timer expiry?

thanks

Lukasz

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987809#3987809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987809