[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: JBoss Unified ClassLoader Hell? even with EJB3 ?

skosonen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 05:38:30 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : I am running 4.0.4GA with EJB3. Yes, I did get 2 archives running. And, I can hot-deploy either/both without issues (great for development).

I also managed to develop my EJB3 & Web -application without this hot-deploy problem when using JBoss 4.0.4.GA. When I upgraded to 4.0.5.GA, I started having these problems.

For both versions I did the same configuration changes:
 - Running JBoss with parameter "-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost"
 - jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml: UseJBossWebLoader=true

I tried also changing the context.xml under Tomcat, but didn't help:
<antiJARLocking>true</antiJARLocking>
  | <antiResourceLocking>true</antiResourceLocking>

I have one EAR-file that has EJB and WAR modules in it. If I make changes only in EJB module, package the EAR and deploy it, I get these ClassCastExceptions while trying to get session beans from servlets.

In JBoss 4.0.5.GA hot-deploy works when I make changes to both modules (EJB & WAR). This is the best workaround I have found on my problem. For separate EAR and WAR it might also work if both are redeployed?

It would be nice to find some better solution for this, though...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987844#3987844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987844