[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Oracle 10g Fast Connection Failover

bocio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 11:54:11 EST 2006

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote : This, as well as TAF are Oracle specific features that are only applicable to using an Oracle specific connection pool and the OCI driver.
  | **This feature cannot be enabled using JBoss/JCA**

I agree,
We have many Oracle RAC installations. When we use a J2EE AS in front the database, TAF or FCF are disabled because you get some of these functionalities directly form the AS.
On a POJO application we always use thin driver, FCF and connection cache.
Anyway TAF is available only with OCI driver while FCF is available only on thin driver.

Regardin JCA and Vendor specific features. Well...  :-) we are speaking of Oracle, not BingoBongoDB. Sometimes you are forced by thousand reasons to use it. JBoss JCA implementation gives you a handle:

getUnderlyingConnection()

What I find strange is that whenever someone ask about this method, an
excommunication is launched!
Terrible things could happen using it! You go blind...
So if you wrote this method,  why you did not give us a way to notify the WrappedConnection that I want to close or destroy the underlying connection?

If you give an handle, give a complete one...

Bye

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987937#3987937

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987937