[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Pessimistic Locking strange behaviour with read-only pattern

Oyabun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 13:45:46 EST 2006

Hi!

Everytime I use a read-only pattern(get*) on my EntityBean, the pessimistic locking stops working (for other methods also)! It behaves just like optimistic locking. I experimented for a few days, I read the forums and the JBoss 4.0 Book, there is nothing on this behaviour.

some of the xdoclet tags (the ones that count):

  | /**
  |  * Autogenerated EJB implementation class for SystemKontoEB
  |  *
  |  *
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.bean
  |  *    generate = "true"
  |  *    name = "SystemKontoEB"
  |  *    type = "CMP"
  |  *    cmp-version = "2.x"
  |  *    view-type = "local"
  |  *    local-jndi-name = "ejb/SystemKontoEB"
  |  *    reentrant = "true"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.container-configuration
  |  *    name = "Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean Pessimistic"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.cache-invalidation
  |  *    value = "true"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.cache-invalidation-config
  |  *    invalidation-group-name = "SystemKontoEBGroup"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.tuned-updates
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.entity-command
  |  *    name = "no-select-before-insert"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.read-ahead
  |  *    strategy = "on-load"
  |  *    page-size = "20"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.util
  |  *    generate = "physical"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.transaction
  |  *    type = "Required"
  |  *
  |  * @ejb.persistence
  |  *    table-name = "SYSTEMKONTO"
  |  *
  |  * @jboss.method-attributes
  |  *   pattern = "get*"
  |  *   read-only = "true"
  |  */

"Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean Pessimistic" is the same as "Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean" only with the modifications below. I use my own invalidation methods, if you wonder why i do this.

  | <locking-policy>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.lock.QueuedPessimisticEJBLock</locking-policy>

Any ideas why the read-only method tag (get*) would interfere with the pessimistic locking of other methods which don't match the get* pattern?

-> JBoss 4.0.2

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987969#3987969

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987969