[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Regarding jbpm-identity

lg-jbpm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 19:17:10 EST 2006

Hi,

If you have figured this out, do let me know. We are trying to use jbpm with our own data source/LDAP. The rules of assignment will also probably be customized at some point(i.e extending ExpressionAssignmentHandler)

What we want to do is load the users/groups/roles from the company's LDAP and assign tasks based on the hierarchy in that. This could vary for each company who uses this application (process def could be slightly different for each company).

Also we would like the assignments to be dynamic. Based on the number of steps in the process, we would need to provide for different number of participants/groups in the app. This is where I'm thinking we'll need to extend the ExpressionAssignmentHandler.

First of all, am I thinking in the right direction?

If anyone could give a brief overview of the tasks involved in substituting the datasource (or point me to some resources) that would be great. I have read the documentation a number of times (and the forums too), but I'm not completely clear on all the things that need to be done.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

Thanks so much,
lg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988019#3988019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988019