[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - singleton ejb, loading classes from config.xml file?

srki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 23:27:20 EST 2006

Hello,

I have a question regarding design in EJB.

Should I use a singleton in my MDB or in stateless session beans.  I have a servlet that calls a stateless session bean that calls a message driven bean.  In the message driven bean constructor I call a singleton to set the mdb class variable.  This singleton class reads the configuration file and initializes some framework classes.

Is this ok to do initialization of classes from a configuration files and thus have singletons?  In this configuration file I basically have something like a map between the xml message tab and the request class for that message and well as the action processor

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988040#3988040

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988040