[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - where do i need to specify the JNP port which is used for cr

phanisekhar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 08:41:22 EST 2006

Initially we are using jbossMQ , but now we shifted to jbossMessaging.
As my AS Jboss is 4.0.x so to uninstall jbossMQ ,and installing Messaging i have downloaded file and done as specifed in Jboss  messaging users guide and validated it.

my AppServer and JMS server are running on same machine

when deployed my ear file what ever the code i have written for Connection factory lookup is throwing CommunicationException.

earlier code :

 ResourceBundle bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("ApplicationResources");
Hashtable hst = new Hashtable();
hst.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,bundle.getString("jmsContextFactory"));
hst.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,bundle.getString("jmsPrefixes"));
hst.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,bundle.getString("jmsProviderUrl"));
 Context context = new InitialContext(hst);

in properties file I mentioned the keys as

jmsProviderUrl = jnp\://localhost\:1099
jmsPrefixes = org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
jmsContextFactory = org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

and now when the following code is execute i am getting exception

QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) context.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");

but if i have replaced the above code wtih

 Context context = new InitialContext();

QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) context.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");

its working fine.

my doubt is suppose jms server is runnig on some remote server.. and my applicaton server is runnig local , then where do i need to mention the remote jms sever jnp port... and how can i create ConnectionFactory.

or do i need to make any changes in my  remoting-service.xml.

I hope i will get some reply...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988169#3988169

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988169