[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: User Input Req for 2.6 Usability and UI enhancements

leaked do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 12:45:18 EST 2006

Ok, here's two major annoyance which I HOPE will be fixed in the future:

1) Login page is never themed... Kinda hard to fit into an organization's common look and feel.

2) The Login/Admin/Pages menu items are HARD CODED in ENGLISH ONLY inside a JBoss class... Didn't I read something about I18N in the features list? I hope to gawd that the JBoss Portal 2.6 final will be truly local-aware and translated/translatable in it's entirety...

Here's some nice to haves:

1) Some kind of information on how the Locale is managed... I work in a multilingual organization and users who are logged in or not should be able to switch from one language to another via the click of a button (one that we can preferably style ourselves and put where we need it).

2) Why not eliminate the login page entirely and replace it with a default portlet that performs the login function (like the one that tells you if you are logged in or not)?

I love the portal so far... We've got our own theme and it's almost usable in our organization... I hope the final release will have addressed the issues mentioned above and some of the usability stuff mentioned by the others on this thread...

Good work!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988237#3988237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988237