[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - How to speed up WAR deployment?

jfurmankiewicz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 23 16:04:47 EST 2006

I created a basic EAR project in Netbeans that runs on JBoss 4.0.5 (I am on JDK 6.0, Win XP, Netbeans 5.5)

I notice deploying the WAR file to JBoss takes FOREVER (good 30 seconds or more).

Deploying the same basic WAR to Tomcat or Glassfish takes 1-3 seconds at mods.

Is there something wrong in my configuration of JBoss? Is there any way to speed it up?

I installed 4.0.5 with the EJB3 profile, since I want to start learning Seam. I have been unable to get Seam working reliably on Glassfish (one nightmare after another), so I finally decided to try running it off JBoss, but the WAR deployment time is seriously hurting my productivity.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988272#3988272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988272