[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Possible to test Passivation from Embedded EJB3?

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 24 04:48:53 EST 2006

Yeah, I'd read that in the release notes and with a fix for JBSEAM-325 these were my main driver for upgrading to 1.1.  So I am actually using Seam 1.1 CR1 now and the exception reported in my original post was for the following bean:
@Stateful
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Name("changePassword")
  | @LoggedIn
  | public class ChangePasswordAction implements ChangePassword, Serializable{
  |
  |   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  |   @Logger
  |   private Log log;
  |
  |   @In(create=true) @Out
  |   private User user;
  |
  |   @In(create=true)
  |   private MessageUtils messageUtils;
  |
  |   @In(create=true)
  |   private PasswordUtils passwordUtils;
  |
  |   @In(create=true)
  |   private UserDao userDao;
  |
  |   @In(create=true)
  |   private AuditLog auditLog;
  |
  |   private String password;
  |
  |   private String confirmPassword;
  |
  |   ... (remaining class consists of methods only)
  | }

As you can see, if you strip the @In parameters from the class, we're left with two strings.  I've tested the serializability of the class and it is okay.

Am I right in thinking that the following exception (which was reported as preventing my bean from being activated) could be caused by serialization problems, or am I running into a different issue?

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.serial.io.MarshalledObject

Cheers,

Chris.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988365#3988365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988365