[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JBoss/JNDI Lookups Hanging

dbrawler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 24 18:17:51 EST 2006

Hey folks,

When trying to use NamingContext.lookup on our server, it hangs indefinitely.  I'm supplying the jndi properties at runtime by using NamingContext.addenvironment().  If I don't supply java.naming.provide.url, the socket times out (as expected).  However if I provide the url at jnp://localhost:1099, the .lookup("DataManagerService") hangs indefinitely. I've tried several variations of the provider.url (using real world IP, omitting the port, etc.) but nothing seems to work - it continuously hangs.

When I telnet to localhost:1099 I do receive a connection along with some data, so I'm confident that the JBoss server is supplying the JNDI tree on the corect (default) port.  Is there something else I'm missing?  Unforuntately, our server administration is outsourced and the administrator is unavailable for questioning at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988487#3988487

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988487