[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - PersistenceException on GeneratedValue property

Ganton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 25 16:29:33 EST 2006

I am running on JBoss 4.0.5 with the EJB3 install

I have a stateless EJB that persists entities (POJOs) to a MySQL db (5.x).

When I first deploy the EJB, entities insert,update and delete just fine. However, if I make a modification to the EJB, and re-deploy it, I get:

  | javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: IllegalArgumentException occurred
  | calling getter of com.company.entity.EntityBean.EntityId

EntityId is a GeneratedValue field of EntityBean

My thought here, is that the EJB3 persistence engine is "loosing track" of the unique id value for EntityId, upon re-deployment, and thus cannot perform the insert.

Is there anyway around this ? (Custom Id Generator)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988572#3988572

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988572