[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam exception handling failing

zzzz8 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 26 04:10:36 EST 2006

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the info.  I was under the belief that the factory method would be called in the invoke application phase...  Are you saying that instantiations take place in the render phase instead?  I probably need to understand the JSF lifecyle some more and JSF/Seam in general (I'm still a beginner).  But I'll definitely look into page actions.

The overall goal of this status component was that the retrieveStatus method called a Web service (via JAX-RPC) to retrieve the status of something - whose value (status) could be later retrieved.  If there was an error in retrieving the status, the exception would be thrown and I thought it would be caught by (and dealt with) the Seam exception filter.  I never thought it would take place in the render phase (but then again, I probably don't understand the lifecycle).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988605#3988605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988605