[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: i18n validation message during test

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 26 11:58:08 EST 2006

Hello,

I tried to setup custom messages for the hibernate validation annotation but without success yet.

I have a ValidatorMessages.properties (defining all the default message for hibernate validators) file in my ear file so that I don't get an exception at server startup.
All my properties file are under WEB-INF/classes in the war file.
In compoments.xml, I define all these files and everything works fine except validations still return the default "Validation Error" message.

I also tried to define the following in the faces-config.xml:

		<message-bundle>ValidatorMessages</message-bundle>

  | 		<locale-config>
  | 			<default-locale>en</default-locale>
  | 			<supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
  | 			<supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>
  | 		</locale-config>

But it didn't change anything...

I tried to use both syntax:

  | @NotNull(message="{validator.my.message}")
  |      and
  | @NotNull(message="#{messages['validator.my.message']}")

Without much success.

Does anyone know how to set this up? I'm sure I must have missed something somewhere, but I can't see what.

Thanks,

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988629#3988629

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988629