[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: NameAlreadyBoundException in JBoss5.0.0Beta1

javidjamae do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 01:26:06 EST 2006

No you don't. If you read the #1 option under the link that you sent me, it tells you how to do it without the ServiceBindingManager.

You can start multiple nodes so long as you bind them to different network addresses running on the same machine. This is what I did using the -b flag as I mentioned above. When you provide the -b flag, the instance that you start will bind and listen only on the IP address that you specify, so there are no port conflicts.

You can do this on a multi-homed box or use virtual IPs (the way that I'm doing it). To use virtual IPs in Windows, you have to go to the TCP/IP configuration for your network connection and add a static IP address then add additional IP addresses using the advanced settings. In unix, you can use ifconfig.

I find this to be a much easier way to run multiple nodes on the same machine than running the service binding manager.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3988723#3988723

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3988723