[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Where is the database?

seamguy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 14:53:51 EST 2006

Thanks, Norman. I had to dig through my JARs until I found embedded-jboss-beans.xml in mc-conf.jar, and in that XML file, I found the db definition (shown below).

Now the only question I have is how do I access that database from the command line? With mysql, I can just run the mysql command and do a 'show databases;' and I'm off and running. How do I do the same thing with hsqldb?

Another question: How do I change to mysql instead of hsqldb? Do I have to unjar mc-conf.jar, edit embedded-jboss-beans.xml, then reJAR the JAR file and restart the application?

Sorry if this is more about mysql and hsqldb than Seam. I have no problems with Seam (yet!) and I really want to look at the database that Seam is manipulating. Somehow, it doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

Thanks for your help.

  |    <!--
  |       <bean class="org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase"
  |         name="jboss:service=Hypersonic,database=localDB">
  |         <property name="database">localDB</property>
  |         <property name="inProcessMode">true</property>
  |         <property name="dbDataDir">.</property>
  |       </bean>
  |    -->
  |
  |    <bean name="DefaultDSBootstrap" class="org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalTxDataSource">
  |       <property name="driverClass">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</property>
  |       <property name="connectionURL">jdbc:hsqldb:.</property>
  |       <!--      <property name="connectionURL">jdbc:hsqldb:./hypersonic/localDB</property> -->
  |       <property name="userName">sa</property>
  |       <property name="jndiName">java:/DefaultDS</property>
  |       <property name="minSize">0</property>
  |       <property name="maxSize">10</property>
  |       <property name="blockingTimeout">1000</property>
  |       <property name="idleTimeout">100000</property>
  |    </bean>
  |
  |    <bean name="DefaultDS" class="java.lang.Object">
  |       <constructor factoryMethod="getDatasource">
  |          <factory bean="DefaultDSBootstrap"/>
  |       </constructor>
  |    </bean>

  |   |