[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: DB2 XA connection problem - Non XA works

jshrinivas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 15:06:14 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the client libraries and will post an update on how it goes.

In the mean time I want to make sure if there is actually a problem or I am just missing something here. From the exception it looks like it is trying to use Type 2 driver (T2 in the error) but isn't db2jcc.jar Type 4 driver? Is there any way you can specify JBoss to use Type 4 URL (as I think thats the only way it decides whether to use Type 2 or Type 4). Here is what I have specified currently in the db2-xa-ds.xml:

     <xa-datasource-class>com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
     <xa-datasource-property name="DatabaseName">db_name</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="ServerName">db_host</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="PortNumber">db_port</xa-datasource-property>
     <xa-datasource-property name="User">db_user</xa-datasource-property>
     <xa-datasource-property name="Password">db_pass</xa-datasource-property>

Thanks,
-Shrinivas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989028#3989028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989028