[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Failed eviction of node with Long in FQN

jeffreyai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 16:15:50 EST 2006

Hi there,

We are using Jboss Cache 1.4.0.GA and are running into an eviction problem. It seems any node put into cache with Long-type FQN failed to be  evicted.

The code is like below.

  | Fqn BASE_FQN = new Fqn("xx/product");
  | final Fqn fqn = new Fqn(BASE_FQN, Long.valueOf(productUid));
  | cache.put(fqn, product);

We tried to trace into the TreeCache.java.
It seems the code always trying to remove a child node by giving a String key.
Here are the code section I quoted from the "_remove" method in TreeCache.java.

  |       // remove subtree from parent
  |       parent_node.removeChild(n.getName());

However, if we change the code to use String, then eviction works fine.

  | final Fqn fqn = new Fqn(BASE_FQN, String.valueOf(productUid));

Is this a bug or I missed something.
Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989058#3989058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989058