[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Bug in SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy?

chasta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 16:35:05 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm using JBoss AOP v2.0 alpha2 and have ran into some strange situation, which I think may possibly be a bug in JBoss AOP.

First of all, my usage of JBoss AOP is only as substrate for JBossCache (v2.0 alpha) PojoCache. I'm using Java 5.0 (of course; PojoCache requires it) and runtime instrumentation ("javaagent"). My application is multithreaded, and what I'm seeing is three threads getting locked; two of them are locked on the creation and instantiation of an anonymous class (different anonymous class for each thread) and the third thread is stuck on SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy.obtainCtClassInfo(), in the catch clause, where a ByteArrayClassPath is being instantiated. Trying to step any further in any of these threads (using Eclipse's debugger) gets me to nowhere (the thread is stuck "Stepping"; if interrupted, the instruction pointer remains the same. Maybe I should install a bytecode debugging plugin; any recommendations for a good one?).

Anyway, this seems like a strange issue with class instantiation; could this be a bug in SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy which is causing the hang? What else can I do to mine some more information about this?

Thanks & Regards,
Chasta

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989068#3989068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989068