[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Timer issue just broke my site after a week of no issues

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 17:02:55 EST 2006

So this is still a problem.

Can anyone tell me what would cause this error:

ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.NullPointerException

to occur only when the timed task takes more than a few seconds?  And what I can do about it?

I've googled, I've searched the forums, all to no avail.

It looks like ejbTimeout is the method that is supposed to be called to execute the method when the repeating timer counts down?  Since it looks like Seam is handling the layer between my code and the actual EJB timer stuff, I'm not sure what the issue is, and I suspect that trying to get help on the EJB forum would lead to confusion.

All I know is that it breaks my site every few hours.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.  Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989085#3989085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989085