[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: JBoss/JNDI Lookups Hanging

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 27 18:26:39 EST 2006

Many months ago I attempted to connect a client (running on Windows) to JBoss JNDI on Linux and it did not work (can't recall if I got a timeout, or if it hung, or what). Even after setting my iptables properly (you do have ports 1099 and 1098 open?), I still had problems.  So I googled the exception and eventually found the solution I outlined in the other post.  But as I noted, I'm not sure if the problem was the client hanging.

I had another thought.  Try running JBoss with the JVM option:  -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Sometimes the JVM gets confused and tries to use a IPv6 stack, this option tells it not do to that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989110#3989110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989110