[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Configuring MDB to listen on secured queue without plaintext

anonaye do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 03:05:15 EST 2006

I'm trying to configure my MDB to listen to a secured queue.

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJBossMDB

The link above described how to do it by using mdb-user and mdb-passwd.  However, the place I work has a very strict policy regarding storage of plaintext passwords.... in short, it's a NO.

So the question is, is there anyway I can provide an encrypted password to the MDB, much like those encrypted passwords with datasources ?  Or is there a version of JBoss MQ that uses JAAS so I can just login with client-login?

Thanks in advance,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989175#3989175

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989175