[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam + JSF

lara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 09:00:58 EST 2006

Hi there,

I have the following code in the JSF page:

  | <h:commandLink type="submit" value="Apply"
  |     action="#{updatePasswordAction.UpdatePassword}">
  | 	 <f:param name="actorId" value="#{actorEditor.instance.id}"/>
  | </h:commandLink>

The above code is working perfectly which means that I can get the value of the id in the
updatePasswordAction bean. However, I want to use <h:commandButton/> instead of  <h:commandLink/> in the JSF page but I am not able to use <f:param> in this case.
How can I send a parameter using <h:commandButton/> in the JSF page knowing that the parameter is not a constant value?

I would appreciate any help.
Regards,
Lara

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989324#3989324