[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Enabling transport compression with JBossWS

mo_ctaylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 11:35:24 EST 2006

I discovered that there were performance fixes with JBossWS and with JBossXB so I have followed the upgrade instructions and have upgraded to JBossWS-1.0.4.GA.

The Web Services do work faster now but we will still have a performance issue. I would like to get transport compression working with JBossWS but still have not figured out how to do so. I am wondering if JBoss Remoting can be used to get compression working. As far as I can tell it seems like JBoss Web Services uses JBoss Remoting. JBoss Remoting has pluggable data marshallers and on the JBoss Remoting Wiki it states that there exists data compression marshallers/unmarshallers for compression of large payloads. Is there a configuration file that I can modify so that my JBoss Web Services Clients and Providers use the CompressingMarshaller and CompressingUnMarshaller? Is there another way to get transport compression to work with JBoss Web Services?

Thanks,

CIndy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989395#3989395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989395