[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: jbossws1.0.x is a preview implementation with support fo

bocio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 28 13:24:23 EST 2006

"maeste" wrote : Probably you didn't understand what here and in other post was said.
  | Just jsr-181 is a preview.
  |
  | Jbossws is production ready and we use it in our production environment with something like 200 operations in 49 wsdls.
  |
  | Of course we made some investments to understand in deep ws standards and jboss' implementations.

Stefano,

probably you didn't read my first reply: I'm testing it as JSR109 client and it has a lot of problem. Please read my recent posts on this.

For me worked nearly flowless only in a JBoss - JBoss environment.

But... giving that, on production site I have to face with server endpoints running on websphere 6.1 and, of course, I cannot change the Italy Ministry of Finance WS interface, I stated that current version simply doesn't work for me.

Same thing with webservices exposed by another legacy application here. They are generated with Axis2 and again, jbossws 1.0.4 client simply does not work. All operations returns or accepts custom value objects. I posted some messages for this.

On another side project I have to implement both endpoints. The only requirement to meet is tomcat standalone. I said "Ok, on this I will use a pure jbossws implementation..."
Unfortunately the installation is broken and I opened a bug report on jiira.
Nobody replied and maybe I'm asking things answered 10000 times. I found nothing on docs, wiki and forums. Maybe I'm wrong but this should be the goal of these forums. I just expressed my opinion (IMHO). And I'm patiently waiting that these problems will be solved or someone will have some spare time to reply me. Even a "you wrote a lot of bullshits" would be enough :-)

"maeste" wrote :
  | Of course we made some investments to understand in deep ws standards and jboss' implementations.

I'm using JBoss in production sites since 2.4.6 version many years ago,  and I brought it with me across three companies. On summer 2004 we spent about 17.000 Euro for training from the only jboss certified  italian company. Is it enough?
You see, while I know I didn't pay the car, I'm becoming a little tired to wear an "engineer white coat" each time just to drive this car ;-)

And reading Jboss mailing lists and forum since so many years I can assure you that a lot of things changed. JBoss AS became very popular and consequently background noise increased. Quality on forums lowered on both sides and the jboss staff attitude has changed a lot.

Moderators, please feel free to move this message to the useless rants corner

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989434#3989434

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989434