[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: packaging ear with datasource and jdbc driver

Oyabun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 04:44:33 EST 2006

I think .sar files are first to be deployed. In your case mysar.sar executes something before the rest of the files get to be deployed. That's why you get the Exception. Read more about the jboss-service.xml...

  | C:\jboss-4.0.2\server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- Deployment Scanning                                                  -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |    <!-- An mbean for hot deployment/undeployment of archives.
  |    -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner"
  |       name="jboss.deployment:type=DeploymentScanner,flavor=URL">
  |
  |       <!-- Uncomment (and comment/remove version below) to enable usage of the
  |         DeploymentCache
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="Deployer">jboss.deployment:type=DeploymentCache</depends>
  |       -->
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="Deployer">jboss.system:service=MainDeployer</depends>
  |
  |       <!-- The URLComparator can be used to specify a deployment ordering
  |            for deployments found in a scanned directory.  The class specified
  |            must be an implementation of java.util.Comparator, it must be able
  |            to compare two URL objects, and it must have a no-arg constructor.
  |            Two deployment comparators are shipped with JBoss:
  |              - org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentSorter
  |                Sorts by file extension, as follows:
  |                  "sar", "service.xml", "rar", "jar", "war", "wsr", "ear", "zip",
  |                  "*"
  |              - org.jboss.deployment.scanner.PrefixDeploymentSorter
  |                If the name portion of the url begins with 1 or more digits, those
  |                digits are converted to an int (ignoring leading zeroes), and
  |                files are deployed in that order.  Files that do not start with
  |                any digits will be deployed first, and they will be sorted by
  |                extension as above with DeploymentSorter.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="URLComparator">org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentSorter</attribute>
  |       <!--
  |       <attribute name="URLComparator">org.jboss.deployment.scanner.PrefixDeploymentSorter</attribute>
  |       -->

My EAR file contains META-INF/application.xml which looks like this

  | <application>
  |   <display-name>My App</display-name>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>core.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>session.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>
  |   <module>
  |     <connector>services.sar</connector>
  |   </module>
  | </application>

The services.sar archive is deployed last.

I had to configure the stuff below in my META-INF/jboss-service.xml in the services.sar file. I execute some methods right after my applications has been successfully deployed.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <server>
  |
  |   <mbean code="myservices.MyServiceNumberOne"
  |       	 name=":name=MyServiceNumberOne">
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  |          name=":service=Scheduler,name=MyServiceNumberOne">
  |     <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulableMBean">:name=MyServiceNumberOne</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulableMBeanMethod">create()</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">1</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">1</attribute>
  |     <depends>jboss.j2ee:module=session.jar,service=EjbModule</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="myservices.MyServiceNumberTwo"
  |       	 name=":name=MyServiceNumberTwo">
  |   </mbean>
  |
  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  |          name=":service=Scheduler,name=MyServiceNumberTwo">
  |     <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulableMBean">:name=MyServiceNumberTwo</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulableMBeanMethod">create()</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">1</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">1</attribute>
  |     <depends>jboss.j2ee:module=session.jar,service=EjbModule</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  |
  | </server>

Regards,
Alex