[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: connectionFactoryJndiName config property

tobinibot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 18:34:55 EST 2006

Ok, I'm new to all this, so some of your questions went over my head.

I mapped queuehost to 127.0.0.1 in my hosts file, so the host is certainly up.

I'm using ActiveMQ as my JMS provider, and it is up and running (on port 61616, jmx on port 1199).

I'm not sure what you mean by JNDIView.  How do I use that?

ActiveMQ creates queues on the fly when requested (like JBoss MQ), so I did not actually create a queue in ActiveMQ.

Here's the thing, I've tried two different "kinds" of tutorials now, and neither one has worked.
(1) http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=HowDoIConfigureAnEJB3MDBToTalkToARemoteQueue
and
(2) http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/integrating-apache-activemq-with-jboss.html

Each take a slightly different approach.

The first uses a customized JMSProvider, the second uses JCA.

I followed the instructions given; for the first, it didn't tell me to use a specific ConnectionFactory, and for the second, I'm trying to use a specific ConnectionFactory and it's not working.  Is there some step these tutorials have wrong?  And are they 2 completely separate ways of configuring a remote queue, or are they related somehow (because I can't see the relationship if they are).

Sorry if I sound frustrated, I've just spent a lot of time working on this, and have gotten absolutely nowhere.

Tobin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989865#3989865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989865