[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Shared classpath within an EAR?

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 23:16:09 EST 2006

I was surprised to discover that a classpath is automatically shared within an EAR file...i.e. a WAR file can directly use classes located elsewhere in some parts of the EAR (e.g. classes in the EJB-JAR, specifically.)

Where else within the EAR is the classpath shared? (i.e. Can any class ANYWHERE in the EAR access any class ANYWHERE ELSE in the same EAR?)

What about classpath sharing between EARs within the same server configuration? (e.g. default, minimal, all, etc) Across server configurations?

Right now I'm just figuring these things out trial-and-error. Perhaps someone can explain where classpaths are actually shared...thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989923#3989923

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989923