[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: LDAP Newbie - LdapLoginModule

shilpee_toshi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 04:11:21 EST 2006

Hi Jai,

Accessing JSP problem is solved . I am able to access the login.jsp.

I have one more doubt. In what all scenarios LoginException is thrown by LoginModule?

My objective is to allow a user to give only 3 login attempts and after 3 unsuccessful login attempts user's account should be locked. I have one flag in Database for failedLogin count in order to allow Admin to unlock user account.

So if LoginException is thrown only in case of Password mismatch then i am planning to implement it like this :
i can catch LoginException in catch block and update DB in catch block.

Please let me know how can i implement this failed login attempt functionality.

Also, is it correct to use UsernamePasswordHandler in LdapLoginModule in the code?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989954#3989954

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989954