[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB3Trail question about stateful bean

zzeuxis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 05:00:53 EST 2006

In JBoss 4.0.5 GA (ejb3 profile)
I consider the following code in the EJBTrail example (inside the jsp calculator page that call a Stateful Calculator bean):

  |   Calculator cal =
  |       (Calculator) session.getAttribute("sfsb_cal");
  |   if (cal == null) {
  |     try {
  |       InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  |       cal = (Calculator) ctx.lookup(
  |                   "StatefulCalculator/remote");
  |       session.setAttribute ("sfsb_cal", cal);
  |     } catch (Exception e) {
  |       e.printStackTrace ();
  |     }
  |   }

If I call a jndi lookup each time the page is rendered : I change :
  Calculator cal =
  |       (Calculator) session.getAttribute("sfsb_cal");
  Calculator cal = null;

Then I get a new Stateful bean each time the page is rendered ... Isn't that contradictory with the fact that one Stateful bean should created by session ?

I think there is something that I dont understand here ... I'll be glad to get some pointers here ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989973#3989973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989973