[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: where do i need to specify the JNP port which is used fo

phanisekhar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 06:00:58 EST 2006

HI prince ,

i agree with you that there may be some class files missing at clientside.

my doubt is

i have my APPS sever and jms server running on same system...in that case i have used the following code  to lookup

Context context = new InitialContext();
 QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) context.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");

then i did not got any exceptions...

but when changed my lookup code to

hst.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
                  hst.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
                  hst.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://localhost:1099");
 Context context = new InitialContext(hst);

QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory) context.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");

i could not find much difference , in both cases i had my JMS,APPS server running on same system.

if i am wrong with my statement, pls clarify it..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989986#3989986

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3989986