[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Custom profile information for users

muted do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 08:40:34 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm currently trying out JBoss portal for an upcoming project. We'd need to have customized user profiles with some specific data fields that are required. I browsed the DB structure and that seems to support it, as the profile information is stored as key/value pairs. However, based on a brief overview of the user/profile classes, the profile data seems to be hard coded into the User-class and it's implementations.

Is there any way to introduce custom profiles without having to use a 3rd-party user control through single sign-on or should I just focus on that? We have no other requirements for user control so using the Portal's own system would be enough in every other aspect.

-Pekka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990021#3990021

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990021