[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Permissions Portal Pages and Portlets

engela do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 09:02:07 EST 2006

I'm using Jboss portal 2.4.0 and Jboss AS 4.0.4 GA.

Portal Page Permissions
When I create a new page the security setting for the page for Unchecked is set to viewrecursive, but I would like to restrict the access to the page to certain admininstrators only. How can I achieve this?

Portlet Permissions
Within a portal page  I have a Portlet A and a Portlet B. I would like to restrict the access of Portlet A to Administrators.  I went to the security settings page for the portal page and set the security setting from viewrecursive to view for all users. Then I went to the security settings for Portlet A and set the security settings only an Administrator to View. Despite this Portlet A can be viewed by whoever can access the page.
How can change the settings to achieve my goal i.e. that only administrators can view Portlet A?

Thanks...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990026#3990026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990026