[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Is Http Firewall tunneling in Remoting or Messaging ?

tom.elrod@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 10:07:38 EST 2006

Well, there is only so much we can determine on our own about network environment (i.e. does firewall exist between client and server, is external address of server different than local one... i.e. NAT), so will have to be some configuration determined by the remoting user.  For now, server to client communication using http transport can only be done by establishing a new connection from server to client (which firewalls won't allow) which we call "push" callbacks or via polling, which we call "pull" callbacks.

I'll look more into adding to the implementation something like you mentioned where establish client to server connection that keeps the channel open looking for data from the server.  As for NIO behavior, we won't have anything like that till remoting 3.0.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990104#3990104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990104