[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - ConnectionManager issue in Stateless bean and injected Entit

kearns7153@tds.net do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 30 15:07:51 EST 2006

I am getting the following INFO message from the ConnectionManager when accessed from a Stateless bean:

14:36:01,687 INFO  [ConnectionManager] forcing batcher resource cleanup on transaction completion; forgot to close ScrollableResults/Iterator?

The application looks like it is working so what does this mean?

I am using JBoss 4.0.5 GA, but same issues exists with 4.0.4 GA.
I am using Postgresql 8.1 for a database.
I am using Seam, but this error occurs without invoking my UI client.

@Stateless
public class MyTrialBean implements MyTrailRemote
{
   @PersistenceContext
   private EntityManager em;

    public String update(Biu biuAttributes)
   {
        try {
           String serialNumber = biuAttributes.getSerialNumber();

           List bius = em.createNamedQuery("Biu.findBySerialNumber")
	.setParameter("serialNumber", serialNumber)
	.getResultList();
           if ((bius == null) || (bius.size() == 0)) {
	return ProXmlResponse.getError(ProError.BIU_NOT_FOUND);
           }

           Biu biu = bius.get (0);
           biu.setLastContact(new Date());
           em.merge(biu);
        } catch (Exception e) {
           return ProXmlResponse.getError(ProError.BIU_UPDATE_FAILED);
        }
    }

Other posts/replies state that I should close the connection in a finally block.
I have tried various calls to the EntityManager but those usually result in
an error.

I based most of what I am doing here on the EJB3 TrailBlazer demos.

I am looking for more information on this problem to see if it is related to the following more serious ConnectionManager problem.

14:52:08,817 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null
14:52:08,817 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] ); - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( 30000 [ms] ))
14:52:08,817 ERROR [STDERR] Nov 30, 2006 2:52:08 PM checkStats
INFO: PurgeStatsBean.checkStats()...Failed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990196#3990196

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990196