[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: DataModelSelection and Outjection confusion

segue.guy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 1 18:22:28 EDT 2006

Gavin,

Thanks for the cleanup.  You can see I was hacking back and forth on this, even as I isolated the problem into something that someone else could follow.

I worked around the problem with dedicated array attributes as you did, but with my observer setting the arrays to null.  Factories for the arrays successfully populated the arrays later.  Your init method (which I've also seen elsewhere) is cleaner still.  And the Context class is exactly what I was looking for with my earlier approach.

This make me think that the Seam commuity would benefit from patterns and best practices.  I don't spend much time on the JBoss forums except for support in debugging.  If the forums are meant to grow those best practices, ignore the comment.  I've also seen earlier comments from the *@jboss.com staff that there's plenty on the todo lists.

Seam is fantastic!  I can program higher-level business logic about as fast as I can think of use cases, and get it right the first time so often that it's very empowering.  Of course, that's keeping me from writing proper uses cases and design....

Ron0

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975376#3975376

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975376