[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Populate pojoCache from Database at startup

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 09:28:06 EDT 2006

Hello,

I created a component that is initialized at startup.
This component is supposed to retrieve data from the database and store them in the pojoCache.

The component is defined as:

@Scope(ScopeType.APPLICATION)
  | @Intercept(NEVER)
  | @Startup(depends = {"pojoCache"})
  | @Name("myComponent")
  | public class MyComponent {
  |
  |     privatePojoCache pojoCache = org.jboss.seam.core.PojoCache.instance();
  |
  |     private EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |     @Create
  |     public void startup() throws Exception {
  |
  | 	// get data and store in the cache
  |     }
  | }

The entityManager that is also a component defined in the component.xml file as:

<component name="entityManager" class="org.jboss.seam.core.ManagedPersistenceContext">
  |         <property name="persistenceUnitJndiName">java:/EntityManagerFactories/myDB</property>
  | </component>

To make sure the entityManager is loaded, I guess I need to add in the startup dependencies "entityManager", but then how do I get an instance of entityManager at this point?

Injection is not working at startup.

Thanks,

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975482#3975482