[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Would I use mod_jk to do this...?

possum.pie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 14:45:04 EDT 2006

"rcjboss" wrote : Yes, you can configure mod_jk to forward all the requests to JBoss.
  | In order to achieve "www.domain.com" you would need to either
  | 1. Document root/context root of your war to be the default.
  | or
  | 2. Deploy your war by renaming as root.war and renaming the JBoss' console war to something else. This would be located JBoss' Tomcat deployment.

Thank you rcjboss.

I'm using your first suggestion but I'm not really sure that I know what you mean. I think you mean that I should change where DocumentRoot points. When I point it at the root dir of my webapp, Apache displays a default index.html file found in the original DocumentRoot instead of the index.jsp found in the root of my webapp.

Setting documentRoot to the base dir of my webapp seems to be entirely outside of mod_jk. I'm not sure where to go next.

Here's the virtual host tag from httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost *:80>
  |   DocumentRoot /usr/local/jboss/server/default/deploy/webapp.war
  |   ServerName domain.com
  |   ServerAlias www.domain.com
  | </VirtualHost>

Note: The .war file has been extracted