[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Oracle Database connection getting reset

duraphes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 2 20:04:44 EDT 2006

We are using JBoss 4.0.4 with Oracle 10g. We are using ojdbc14.jar as the driver.

I have a session bean for which transaction attribute is
     <trans-attribute>NotSupported</trans-attribute>

When this session bean calls a stored procedure, if the stored procedure takes a long time, i.e more than an hour, we get an exception -

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception : Connection reset

We narrowed it down and found that exception happens at exactly 60 minutes.

Yes, no one should expect to run a stored procedure which takes more one hour and I have asked developers to fix it. However I want to find out why it happened. If we wrap the stored procedure call in a session bean method with "RequiresNew", this seems to work.

Is there any parameter which controls this timeout? The Transaction-timeout in jboss-service.xml is set to high number (180 minutes) so there must be some other parameter.

What am I missing? (oracle-ds.xml is attached).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975639#3975639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975639