[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Unable to deploy ajax4jsf portlet

jacote do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 3 02:23:09 EDT 2006

Hi,
i'm writing a portlet that use ajax4jsf library, but i have some problems during deployment phase. First i've tried to add the following to web.xml of my portlet :

  |     <filter>
  |         <display-name>Ajax4jsf Filter</display-name>
  |         <filter-name>ajax4jsf</filter-name>
  |         <filter-class>org.ajax4jsf.Filter</filter-class>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>ajax4jsf</filter-name>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
  |         <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
  |         <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
  |     </filter-mapping>

but i've go an exception :

  | ava.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
  | A typical config looks like this;
  | <listener>
  |   <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
  | </listener>
  |
  |         at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:84)
  |         at org.ajax4jsf.framework.resource.InternetResourceService.init(InternetResourceService.java:58)
  |         at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseFilter.init(BaseFilter.java:121)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:77)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:3600)

Then i've tried to specify full configuration of myfaces in my web.xml but i've got the same exception.
I've tried to use the portlet as a standalone web application and when i have deployed in jboss it works!
Next i make the same but in the web.xml of portal-core.war but return to have the same exception.
There is a way to have this working on a portlet ?
Thanks to all

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975668#3975668

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975668