[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Deploying a JAR with props file in it

JEFFASTOREY do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 3 11:06:46 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of EJB stateful and stateless beans I would like to deploy on a JBoss server.  These beans have methods in them that read from a props file (using the getResource method to find the props file).  To avoid hard-coding the path of this props file, I want to include it in my JAR file that gets deployed.  However, when I do that, JBoss throws exceptions during deployment that say things like:
   could not initialize deployment
   error parsing meta data jar

When I take the props file out of the jar and hard code the path (which I obviously don't want to do), the error is gone and all runs smoothly.  Does anyone know why this might be happening and how to fix this?

Thanks!
Jeff

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975773#3975773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975773