[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: how to support custom CacheLoader callbacks to register

wcooper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 3 18:35:08 EDT 2006

Do you really think it is kludgy?

The problem arises out of the fact that my cache loader impl is calling an external service that returns more data than I wish to store in a single node.

I can put it in terms of the Student/ Course sample that comes with jboss-cache. ( The node names are overly simplified to make the point easier. ) :)

Assume I have an object node bound to a fqn called  /teacher/Jones/ and that 'get' results in a cache miss that triggers a call to my custom cache loader.  What should I do if my custom loader call returns 'extra' data.  Let's say it returns a set of students in addition to the teacher object.

JBC works fine if I plan on stuffing the 'extra' data into the node's Map, but what if I want to bind that data? That would be reasonable in this case.  I could see creating nodes for '/student/Brown' , '/student/Jones', etc...

In my case, I am calling existing legacy services that happen to return this extra data in this fashion. I would think this could happen often in practice.

/thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3975910#3975910

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3975910