[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Problem with installing JBoss

raj.shanmug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 4 08:37:37 EDT 2006

I have some problem with JBoss installation.
I have downloaded the bundled version of jboss portal 2.4 + AS.
I have extracted the same and set the corresponding environmental variables.
If i now execute the run.bat and point the browser tot the portal everything works fine.

Bue when i configure the portal-sqlserver-ds.xml [as i am using the sqlserver 2000 database] and paste it in the deploy directory after removing the portal-hsqldb-ds.xml which comes with the bundle. I am unable to see the portal.  I have also pasted the driver msbase.jar, msutil.jar, mssql.jar also in the default\lib directory.  But i still unable to get the portal, it is giving some http authentication problem.

The following error also comes at the end of the server logs.