[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Default portal layout change problem

wlchung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 5 22:58:32 EDT 2006

mholzner, thanks for the tip here and actually also in other Management Portlet subjects.  I think I get a better picture now.  And my problem solved too.

What I found is that the Mangement Portlet keeps/maintains a 'secret' db of the objects.  Probably (not sure) everytime jb portal startup, the db is also built up (by something) from the *-object.xml files or updated according to the <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists> or <if-exists>keep</if-exists> definitions.  So <if-exists>keep</if-exists> means the changes will persist between restart of jboss / jboss portal.

My mis-concept had been that the <if-exist> was for re-deployment of a portal applications or hot re-deployment.  So I could not related it to the db.  As a result I did not understand then why the object definitions could survive through jbp restart.

Now I want to see what tables the Mangement Portlet updates.  But I cannot find the source of the portlet, org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet .  Probably in apache project, not in jboss source.  I wonder if I can clear those tables to clear all the existing db changes and let it rebuild with the *.xml defaults.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976475#3976475

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976475