[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Newbie Need Help :)

scout1lacno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 6 02:26:55 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Im new to JBOSS. Ive been setting up JBOSS for 3 days with mySQL...
The JBOSS came from Netbeans 5.5 Beta 2 Bundle with JBOSS-4.0.4.GA

I followed the instructions on http://ltiwww.epfl.ch/Eclipse/LoadingJBoss.html. To connect to mySQL . I just successfully run it yesterday. But this morning when I started JBOSS it shows an error:

java.lang.exception: Port 8083 is already in use.
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1098; nested exception is: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM Bind

When I netstat I cannot see 8083 or 1098 is being used...How can I view the processes that are using this port when I cant see them on Netstat?

I found some forums regarding with this error. Some suggest on locating HOME\jboss-4.0.4.GA\server\default\conf\jboss-service.xml and edit the port number there. I've searched the   tags anf the RMI tags but I cant find them. I havent change anything since this the deafault file that came with the Bundle. I've added the tags to jboss-service.xml manualy but to no avail..

Is there someone there who experienced this error? A link where could I find solution?

Thankz in advance :)

ps...im using JBOSS-4.0.4.GA on WindowsNT Server 2000

anonymous wrote : 14:22:04,085 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss:service=WebService

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976492#3976492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976492