[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - load-balance-policy tag in jboss.xml not working

pmadzik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 6 07:02:26 EDT 2006

Hello!

I try to obtain clustering for SLSB using jboss.xml description:

  | HelloBean.java:
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  |
  | import java.net.InetAddress;
  | import java.net.UnknownHostException;
  |
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Clustered;
  |
  | @Stateless//@Clustered(loadBalancePolicy=org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin.class)public class HelloBean implements HelloRemote {
  |     public String sayHelloFrom() throws UnknownHostException {
  |         String host = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress();
  |
  |         return "Hello from " +  host + "!";
  |     }
  | }
  |
  | jboss.xml:
  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <jboss
  |     xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  |     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
  |                         http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/schema/jboss_5_0.xsd"
  |     version="3.0">
  |   <enterprise-beans>
  |     <session>
  |       <ejb-name>HelloBean</ejb-name>
  |       <clustered>true</clustered>
  |       <cluster-config>
  |           <partition-name>${jboss.partition.name:DefaultPartition}</partition-name>                         <load-balance-policy>org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin</load-balance-policy>      </cluster-config>
  |     </session>
  |   </enterprise-beans>
  | </jboss>
  |
  | Client.java:
  | import javax.naming.InitialContext;
  | import javax.naming.Context;
  | import javax.naming.NamingException;
  |
  | import java.net.UnknownHostException;
  |

  | public class Client
  | {
  |         public static void main(String[] args)
  |         {
  |                 try {
  |                         Context jndiContext = getInitialContext();
  |                         Object ref = jndiContext.lookup("HelloBean/remote");
  |                         HelloRemote hello = (HelloRemote) ref;
  |
  |                         for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
  |                                 System.out.println(hello.sayHelloFrom());
  |                         }
  |                 }
  |                 catch (NamingException ne) {
  |                         ne.printStackTrace();
  |                 }
  |                 catch (UnknownHostException he) {
  |                         he.printStackTrace();
  |                 }
  |         }
  |
  |         public static Context getInitialContext() throws NamingException
  |         {
  |                 return new InitialContext();
  |         }
  | }

I setup cluster with to nodes (10.1.2.71, 10.1.1.192).
After client start i always get:

  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!

or

Seems that load-balance-policy tag is not working because removing comment with @Clustered annotation in HelloBean.java results:

  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.2.71!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.2.71!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.2.71!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.2.71!
  | Hello from 10.1.1.192!
  | Hello from 10.1.2.71!

Is it bug in jboss or in my configuration?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976539#3976539

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976539